Sunday, August 28, 2011

Back in Iowa :)

August has been very busy for Noah and I. We found a townhome in Ankeny to rent, moved, and started our new jobs all in about 2 weeks. After being in Illinois the last few years, it is great to be back in Iowa, closer to family and Friends!

I started my new teaching position at Collins-Maxwell High School last week. I am teaching Health, Human Development, Foods and Nutrition, and Middle School Exploratory. It is great to be back in a small school district. I laughed to myself the first day as I walked by the front doors which were wide open letting the breeze in. My last school, I had to pass through 2 locked entries and code myself in at all times. I like this better :) I am also coaching JH Volleyball (I got cornered in the hall by the Superintendent, Principal, and AD on day one...haha) and HS Basketball. It will be fun, but something to get used to since they partner with Baxer for sports...hence CMB!

Noah is working at Scheels in Des Moines in the Shipping and Receiving Department. He has normal hours working 8-4 M-F. Anyone that knows what Noahs hours had been as GamesWorshop Operator in Illinois know that this is a huge deal! I actually see him now :)

We are really excited to see everyone as the Fall gets going. High on our list is ISU football games. Go CYCLONES!


No comments:

Post a Comment